Hello, you nice people! I hope you’re out enjoying the sun, I know we are. Next week is the beginning of my maternity leave, as if that means anything in this freelance life. But it’s a signal that soon, very soon, it will happen. I am in such a crazy nesting mode right now, it’s hard to even believe. Today we took a ferry to go pick up a closet that wouldn’t even fit in our car. It makes me want to bang my head against a hard surface, as if Jostein doesn’t have other things to do than drive to the middle of nowhere for nothing.
But, we’ve begun a new model of life in these weeks when Jostein is so crazy busy: I’ve joined his team and am now an errand runner, In that way, we are still stressed but we’re a stressed team!
On instagram, life is just a little calmer. Here are 12 images I’ve saved recently:
1. A painter crush I have, @kristinehellesoe . She puts up paintings that are actually for sale, I really want to get one.
2. A jacket I would knit for myself if I had the patience to knit more than an inch, from @loucph. Soo pretty.
3. @hannastefansson posted this photo that is seriously my dream garden. Imagine sitting here with a coffee, kids running around and plans to play boccia and take a nap in the shade later.
4. An illustrator I want to make books with because she’s so cool, @blameusforourmusictaste
5. We have lots of big trees on this farm, but we don’t really have one appropriate for a swing. But it will be my life plan to get one of these installed, to build forts on and read books in while it gently sways. From @tell.mariasabbah
6. From one of the shops I admire through the internet, @papershophelsinki in Helsinki.
7. Another illustrator I’ve been crushing on lately, @madelinekloepper. I’m very much in children’s book ideas, and I really like this aesthetic that is so perfectly in the middle between my own childhood books and a modern polished look.
8. A recipe for meatballs that I became obsessed with, from @zeinaskitchen.
A few days before we had Saga, I rolled an insane amount of meatballs, maybe that’s why. I get desperate to fill up our house and freezer with food and I forget that we have a car now and can go to the grocery store whenever we want. It’s crazy to think, though, that we went almost a year with a baby without being able to go anywere.
9. A pile of duvets and pillows for little buddies. I love small things like that. From @limonadeshop
10. A cinnamon bun stick from @fabrique, it made my mouth water and it’s such a good idea!
11. Leftover cake for breakfast at @linnheimtun. As it should be, on these may days.
12. For some reason I have a very strong fascination and appreciation for freshly laid humans right now, hm hm hm. I wonder why? Photo from @sannaviolaa